Senior Vice President, Sales – Greenwood Village, CO
|Position Type:||Exempt / Grade 37|
|Apply Now:||Email Janet Masto about this position|
Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company (CBL) is one of the nation's most committed providers of employee-funded benefit plans. Since our founding in 1974, we have worked with thousands of American business owners to offer reliable, voluntary benefit programs that give employees a convenient and affordable way to protect their future and the future of their families. CBL specializes in worksite and individual products sold in an employer setting as well as directly to customers marketing payroll deduction insurance and other employee benefit products through small and medium size employers.
CBL is owned by Preferred Financial Corporation (PFC). PFC serves as a general agency marketing CBL's products. PFC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dearborn National Life Insurance Co. (DNL) and CBL's products and services are marketed under the Dearborn National™ Brand.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Business Growth:
- Directs the development and implementation of sales strategies to expand CBL's presence and market share nationally.
- Reviews market, products, new business ventures, capitalizes on business opportunities, performs due diligence and integrates these new ventures with CBL systems, once approved.
- Monitors key result areas that affect company profitability and make adjustments as necessary. Ensures that G.A.s and IMO's are producing profitable business that meets or exceeds the stated QBI targets. Monitors debit balance and shortage accounts, takes appropriate action as needed.
- Oversees the present broker/agent distribution system. Maintains contact with field production sources concerning product, market, administration, and service issues.
- MDirects the implementation of CBL's distribution strategy on a national basis.
- Oversees the recruiting, hiring, training and supervision of the Sales Division including; Field Officers, Regional Managers and Sales Support staff.
- Interfaces with other carriers to develop strategic alliances to market non-CBL products.
- Leads the Sales Division in the development and implementation of sales plans and strategies to achieve CBL's goal of "high profitable growth".
4. Marketing / Product:
- Identifies and monitors competitor activity in marketplace informing the Marketing Department of opportunities and challenges.
- Works directly with the common actuary to provide information and support in the development of new and existing products.
- Interfaces with Dearborn National marketing management to pursue cross-marketing opportunities.
- Provides leadership and oversees all functions of the Marketing Department including materials, advertising and Training Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing, with some graduate work preferable.
- Operational, marketing and technical knowledge of payroll deduction and voluntary products.
- Strong leadership, business and marketing skills.
- Knowledge relating to market conduct, marketing schemes and agent profitability are also essential.
- Normally requires 10 or more years experience working with marketing in a successful, growth oriented home office marketing position.
- Must be experienced in niche marketing system with at least 3-4 years in a management capacity or its equivalent.
Preferred Position Requirement:
- Insurance sales license or insurance self study programs, such as CLU or ChFC are suggested.
Dearborn National is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.