Blue CareLinkSM Disability Case Management Highlights for The University of Texas System
Who is Eligible for the Blue CareLinkSM Program?
All employees enrolled in Short Term Disability may participate in the Blue CareLinkSM program.
What is Blue CareLinkSM?
The Blue CareLinkSM (BCL) Program is available to you at no cost and compliments the disability management program provided through Dearborn National Life Insurance Company.
This is a voluntary program that allows you to work with disability case managers who:
- Advocate for you;
- Provide education and help you make informed health care decisions;
- Coach you in following your treatment plan and taking medications;
- Coordinate care with you, your physicians, and Fort Dearborn Life.
Why Should You Participate in Blue CareLinkSM?
You will interact directly with your case manager who will serve as your primary point of contact and help ensure you have access to the care you need. Blue CareLinkSM takes a holistic approach to meeting your individual needs and includes:
- Early identification and intervention to prevent or minimize a disability;
- Education and guidance to empower you in managing your injury or illness;
- Disease management intervention to optimize the treatment of your chronic conditions.
If you are enrolled for Short Term Disability (STD) coverage, are losing time from work, and would like to speak with a BCL Case Manager, please call 800-462-3275.
The BCL Case Manager is a registered nurse who will be happy to explain the Case Management Program.
Blue CareLinkSM does not apply to:
- Terminal illness
- Workman’s Compensation