New York Disability Benefits Law
New York Employees Only
Employers are looking for solutions to meet their requirement to provide their New York employees with disability benefits under the New York Disability Benefits Law (DBL). Dearborn National provides a solution to meet the state's mandated benefit law.
Required by Law, Valued by Employees
New York requires employers to provide short-term disability benefits. These benefits must partially replace lost wages from an off-the-job injury or illness. Our statutory plan includes:
- Benefit plan in compliance with state law
- A choice of billing options
- Employee forms and notices as required by the state
- State notification of coverage
Enriched Plans for Added Protection
Dearborn National offers options that allow an employer to provide benefits above and beyond the state mandated plan. Our Enriched DBL Plans include:
- Benefits percentage ranging from 50%-60%
- Weekly maximum of $170, $250 or $350
- Benefit duration of 26 or 52 weeks
Our competitive rates are based on plan design and number of employees. We offer New York DBL to groups with as few as one employee.
Contact us for more information.
Underwritten by Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company® of New York. Policy Form #: FDLNY2-DBL-P88-707.